Ultra 2 video is mostly green

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
skippy2
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've recently started getting videos from one of my Ultra 2 cameras that are mostly green.  Any idea what's causing this?

1677015094579_Moment.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's likely an issue with signal strength and/or quality. Do all cameras do this or just one? If just one, try swapping cameras around to see if it's the camera or location. Check the WiFi icons to see how many bars of signal the camera sees as well as looking for nearby wireless devices that may be interfering with the signal.

skippy2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok, thanks.  The camera with the green areas has the worse WiFi connection of all my cameras.  I'm going to experiment with moving the base station.

Sure wish Arlo would allow the use of WiFi extenders to improve coverage.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You can connect your base station to a wifi extender if you like, but if you are moving further from an already out of range camera that is struggling with signal, moving the hub might cause that camera to have range issues. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@skippy2 wrote:

Sure wish Arlo would allow the use of WiFi extenders to improve coverage.

Newer models (Essential, Pro 4, Pro 5s) allow you to connect the cameras to your home wifi (so you don't need a smarthub).  Those do work with extenders and mesh networks.

Moving the base makes sense as a first step, though if there isn't one spot that reaches all your cameras, then you might need to get a second base.

skippy2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, but if you connect the cameras direct to home WiFi you lose local recording capability.

Plus, my Ultra 2 cameras don't support direct WiFi connect.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@skippy2 wrote:

Yes, but if you connect the cameras direct to home WiFi you lose local recording capability.

Plus, my Ultra 2 cameras don't support direct WiFi connect.

Correct of course.

But I don't see Arlo allowing anything but cameras to connect to the closed base WiFi.  They seem to be moving towards eliminating the base instead (as all the newest models will also connect directly to your home wifi).

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation