Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rdilauro
Guide
Guide
This is really not a question or inquiry. Instead it’s an observation for the past 6 months.
1. Changing positions of the solar charger makes a big difference. So we watch sun levels on a daily basis. Also noted that some third party chargers do not work as well as ARLO originals.
2. Our Ultra2 cameras keep their battery charge longer than the Ultra
3. Mode settings for motion detection makes a difference.
4. Activity zones do seem to increase battery life. Could that be because of what is sent to the cloud.
5. XL batteries are worth every penny you spend. The extra battery time makes a big fdifference
6. Pro2 solar charger never seems to help. I made sure the charger was in the on position. The usb is securely attatavhed, but we never get solar charging.
7. Summer sun makes a difference. Out of the now 25 ARLO cameras 8 of them have stayed at 100% battery charge for over a month.
8. Netgear Orbi wifi extenders do help. Before I installed one many of my lakefront cameras would go lifeline frequently. Now they are solid.
9. The one Ring camera is still seen in my ARLO secure. Works great. The other ring I turned off and as expected ARLO could not install

I just wish for more diagnostic tools to monitor all of our cameras.

The very bright side. If our organization was to hire an outside consultant to install and monitor our cameras. It would be at least $275 per month. Glad to say we are doing this for $0 dollars (except for purchases) being a total volunteer group
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rdilauro wrote:
4. Activity zones do seem to increase battery life. Could that be because of what is sent to the cloud.

It might seem that way, but they don't.  The camera has no idea whether activity zones are enabled or not, the camera acts the same way whether they are enabled or not.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rdilauro wrote:

It might seem that way, but they don't.  The camera has no idea whether activity zones are enabled or not, the camera acts the same way whether they are enabled or not.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation