Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB5000 Flashes orange but all Ultra 2 cameras stay on line

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sheppeyboy
Luminary
Luminary

Had this problem before which wasn't resolved by support, as the hub sits opposite my desk I notice the issue regularly, every few days then goes away for a few weeks and then returns. The VMB5000 R4 hardware with latest firmware, no updates available, the  hub intermittently flashes orange for up to 30 minutes and then returns to blue, however all the Ultra 2 cameras connected stay on line and work perfectly recording and storing videos.

The hub is directly connected to my 900MB Fibre Broadband hub with a 1m CAT 8 Ethernet cable, all other connected devices which uses the Broadband including MacBooks, home alarm system, Solar panels etc stay on line including my 2 other VMB5000 hubs.

If I restart the hub from the App it returns to normal blue status but after a few minutes returns to flashing orange, I have Changed power supply and Ethernet cable to the affected hub but without affecting the flashing orange.

Any thoughts what I should try would be great, thanks

I am a long term user so I am familiar with ARLO.

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have the case number referencing this issue?

Thanks 

Sheppeyboy
Luminary
Luminary

Original Case Number: 00453855 Subject: New Hub flashing orange Created Date: 16/06/2022

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation