Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 power adapters

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jerbo
Aspirant
Aspirant
My package came with two power adapters, one for the dual battery charger and one for the hub. They were not identified by purpose, but here are the part numbers:
332-50082-01 @ 12v, 1.5 a out
332-50009-02 @ 12v, 2.5 a. out
Mfrs never label these parts, but at least the Arlo name was on there.
Arlo needs to either label or provide purpose by providing a search capability via part #.
5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jerbo wrote:
Arlo needs to either label or provide purpose by providing a search capability via part #.

I agree that they need to do a better job on labeling their adapters and chargers - they all basically look the same, but they aren't electrically the same.  On top of that,  the power labeling is low contrast, and hard to read.  I've labeled mine myself.

@Jerbo wrote: 
My package came with two power adapters, one for the dual battery charger and one for the hub. They were not identified by purpose, but here are the part numbers:
332-50082-01 @ 12v, 1.5 a out
332-50009-02 @ 12v, 2.5 a. out

My VMB5000 (smarthub) adapter has a different part number, but is labeled 1.5a.  

So the 2.5a one must be for the dual battery charger.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My dual battery charger power supply shows its output as 1.5A. I would expect the hub to require more power capacity than the battery charger.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

My dual battery charger power supply shows its output as 1.5A. I would expect the hub to require more power capacity than the battery charger.

Well, the adapters that came with my two VMB5000 hubs are both labeled as 1.5a, so that is enough.  I'd have thought that you'd want ~2+ amps to charge two batteries myself.

Maybe @JamesC can sort this out for us.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which Kit did you purchase that came with two adapters? I can see you have a VMB5000 and VMC5040.

Jerbo
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was a Best Buy package with 3 Ultra 2  4K cameras, a hub, a dual charger, and 4 batteries, plus the two different power adapters (1.5@ and 2.5a).  Telephone support had it backwards.  They said hub was 2.5 amps, but bottom of hub said 1.5 amps as I thought it would be.  Required a very powerful magnifier to read (my iPhone).  The dual charger says 2.5a on the bottom (again via iPhone).  Power adapters don’t always match needs and are usually a little higher than required.

Anyway, problem solved and thanks for the input.  

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation