Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 not recording 4k

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
paulinde
Tutor
Tutor

Installed new Ultra 2 camera to an existing Smart Hub on an Secure Plus plan.

Have 2 issues, activity will not record 4k, and on the phone app there is no option to make a manual recording unless I turn the 4k option off for the camera.  HOWEVER, if I go to myarlo on my desktop I have the option to make a manual recording but it still will not be 4k.

It was my understanding that going with the Secure Plus plan there is 4k recording. Without 4k recording what good is the camera?

Paul
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@paulinde wrote:

on the phone app there is no option to make a manual recording unless I turn the 4k option off for the camera.  HOWEVER, if I go to myarlo on my desktop I have the option to make a manual recording but it still will not be 4k.

Correct.  Livestreaming to the browser is always done at 1080p (and manual recordings will be also).  Livestreaming can be set to 4K on the app - that only applies if you are connected to your home network, and it will remove the option to make a manual recording (no idea why that is).

@paulinde wrote:

It was my understanding that going with the Secure Plus plan there is 4k recording. Without 4k recording what good is the camera?

Motion recordings should be 4K.  Do you have auto zoom and track enabled?  That requires EPTZ, and the camera will end up recording at 1080p if you have that set.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@paulinde wrote:

on the phone app there is no option to make a manual recording unless I turn the 4k option off for the camera.  HOWEVER, if I go to myarlo on my desktop I have the option to make a manual recording but it still will not be 4k.

Correct.  Livestreaming to the browser is always done at 1080p (and manual recordings will be also).  Livestreaming can be set to 4K on the app - that only applies if you are connected to your home network, and it will remove the option to make a manual recording (no idea why that is).

@paulinde wrote:

Motion recordings should be 4K.  Do you have auto zoom and track enabled?  That requires EPTZ, and the camera will end up recording at 1080p if you have that set.

paulinde
Tutor
Tutor

Stephen,

Many thanks for the info.

Part of my problem was that the phone app was showing local library recordings as 2k, but when I brought them up on pc they are 4k.

To me not having the option of making manual recordings from the phone app is a real killer.  Many times I have seen activity that is beyond the cameras range of being able to detect movement that I have recorded manually.  

Thanks again.

Paul
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation