Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 free trial is missing

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ca-fl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi.

we have just bought and installed 3 ultra 2 camera’s. There was a free trial on the Security plus package included. We have also accepted it, in the set up proces. BUT…… where is it. We can’t find it now. So we can’t use the library or anything. (Sorry for my “bad” english. I’m from Denmark)

Can we g’et our free trial back or …..?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What shows up in Settings, Subscription? Do any cameras have a trial subscription there? A screenshot of that view may be useful (along with translation of the text).

ca-fl
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_0016.png

ca-fl
Aspirant
Aspirant

it’s says - home - no plan.

I can’ see the camera anywhere in there.

The camera have no picture historic

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using the new user interface (UI) that uses Feed to view recordings? Since you just bought the cameras, that would be normal if you also created your account at that time. If you see Library to view recordings, that would make a difference as to how to check for the trial subscription.

If using the new UI/Feed, check the camera settings to see if the trial subscription notice is there. If it is seen there, what mode is selected in Dashboard? Armed Away should have rules for all cameras but the others require that you add appropriate rules based on how you intend them to be used. The following link (in English) can help you figure out what to do although you may find it in Danish by using the European site.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062777/About-Arlo-Routines-Modes-Rules-and-Automations

ca-fl
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are using feeds. 
i’ve read the links too.

And checked the camera’s. On each arms stage. I Can’t see anything in the feeds. I’ve a lot off alams, but we can’t see them anywhere. I Can see the last picture or video and that’s.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ca-fl wrote:

And checked the camera’s. On each arms stage. I Can’t see anything in the feeds. I’ve a lot off alams, but we can’t see them anywhere. I Can see the last picture or video and that’s.

Sometimes retailers sell returns as if they were new - if that happened, then the previous owner likely activated the trial.

Another possibility (less likely) is that the Arlo Cloud thinks your account was created in a country where Arlo does not offer subscriptions.

You could try exchanging with the seller.  I'm tagging the two mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) as they might be able to sort out what happened with the trial.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback. I have provided this issue to the support team and someone will be reaching out as soon as possible. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation