Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

vmb5000 solid orange, refuses to connect

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Troublednoodle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a vmb5000 hooked up to several cameras. All of which randomly just go offline all the time and stop working. The hub then gets reset and they start working again. The system is so inconsistent and just so unreliable, it’s really absolutely shocking how crap the cameras are. I’ve only had the setup for six months or so, everything has worked fine during the free trial (conveniently - don’t get me started on the fact that several features are hidden behind paywalls, silly things like not being able to access local recordings on an Ethernet connection). And now after a few ropey months it seems to have finally just stopped working all together. 

Today I got fed up having to constantly reset the hub on a daily basis to get any sort of use so I removed the hub from my account, with the intention of re adding it. Now however, the hub refuses to connect to my account or the internet. It’s sitting on solid orange, I can’t add it to my account cos the app says can’t be found. I’ve tried factory resetting to no joy. I’ve rebooted my router. I’ve opened the ports that are suggested. I already had opened ports for offline recording and I could access these off the network fine. 

The hub boots up, flashes orange a few times, goes blue for all of 2/3 seconds. Then sits on solid amber for 5 minutes and just keeps cycling this loop. 

I can see the hub my network so I know it’s not an Ethernet issue. (Other wired devices work fine). I’ve changed the Ethernet cable and I’m at a complete loss now. 

I can’t even connect the cameras direct to Wi-Fi. When I go to add devices and select the cameras, there is no option to connect direct without hub. 

I can’t remove any cameras or hub from my account, as the device list is empty. I have absolutely nothing on my account I can do. 

any suggestions here? I’m stuck with an expensive paperweight. 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Struggling with a hardware problem (sounds like a faulty hub) is like beating your head against a brick wall. Since you've removed the hub from your account, I suspect you'll not be able to talk to official support but try Settings, Support (Center) to see if you can select anything. If so, scroll down to Contacts and call support. I'll also tag the mods here in case that doesn't work - @JamesC and @ShayneS 

Troublednoodle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for tagging. I've managed to open a support ticket but it appears to be a generic one rather than against any particular product (because it says zero products associated with account). No option for calling. 

It does feel like a hardware problem, its almost as if the hub is bricked. Shall see what mods and support say to it. 

Troublednoodle
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC @ShayneS 

Any help with this? My support ticket I'd managed to open on the app was closed with no further explanation. No reply. Nothing. There's no option to call anybody on the app either. You're UK support articles direct you round in circles, "click here if you followed this article and it didnt work", and you get redirected straight back to the start again, with no option for calling. 

My system is completely inoperable and i'm getting zero help from anywhere. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Troublednoodle,

I've escalated the details you've provided here and have requested a status update on your support ticket. An agent will reach out to you with more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

Troublednoodle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. This is really becoming a joke. 

Email 1. 

Thank you for contacting Arlo Support. We have created a new case #(REMOVED) to track the progress of your request.

Your Arlo Case Details
Case Number: (REMOVED)
Subject: Verisure - Duplicate case
Created Date: 9/6/2023
Description: A verisure customer (GB) has reached out to me on community concerning a support case they say has been closed with no response or resolution.

Community discussion: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra-2/vmb5000-solid-orange-refuses-to-connect/m-p/1926368#M6708

Thanks,
Arlo Support

-----------------------

Email 2 five minutes later: 

-----------------------

Hello 

Your Arlo case with reference number REMOVED requires additional information in order to proceed. Please click the “Update Case” button below to update your case.

Your Case Details
Case Number: REMOVED
Subject: Verisure - Duplicate case
Product:

Case Update

Dear

Thank you for contacting Arlo Customer Service and Support. You have reached the support team for customers outside of Europe. 

To comply with the GDPR and other relevant Data Privacy regulations, our customer databases are independent from each other. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you today.

Please refer to the information below to contact the respective support team for your country or region.

-------------

Which just has a bunch of the same links to the same support articles, that dont work. That dont have any contact info on them. That don't actually lead you through to any contact forms or numbers to call. That link you to an "ai" chat that does nothing but point you to the same links again. That when you click "this didnt work - need help" just link you BACK to the same page at the start. I really suggest you get some QA on your website and ensure that the links ACTAULLY TAKE YOU SOMEWHERE. I'm being given the absolute run around here. Anybody reading this, just avoid Arlo. This is got to be the worst customer service experience i've ever had. 

This is an absolute pisstake. I'm returning the whole system via Amazon. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation