Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
weezykid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Put up my new Ultra 2 on the front of my garage and then set the activity zone for the driveway and front porch.  The first few days everything seemed to be working great.  However today it seems to detect, record and alert for motion anywhere on the view of the camera.  Like it is ignoring the activity zone and just recording any motion.

I have tried adjusting the zone many times and even dropped the sensitivity.  However none of this has seemed to work.  For reference, my activity zone ends about 4 ft from the end of my driveway, but a car goes down the road (way outside of the zone) and it is being detected.

Any suggestion or possible updates coming out soon that may address this issue?  

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Cars in particular reflect a lot of the sun's IR. That reflection may well be interpreted as motion even though it's outside of your zone. Many of us have multiple modes for situations like this where one mode has rules with reduced sensitivity for daytime and another with different sensitivity for night. Use the schedule to automate the switching.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation