Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 cameras detecting audio/motion when disarmed

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
weezykid
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 6 Arlo Ultra 2's in my configuration and two of them are rarely ever armed unless I am on vacation. While I do not have these two cameras add in the current active mode at the moment, they will randomly turn on AND record.  Changed my password and have been trying to determine why.  Saw a few posted about an "Auto Check" they could be doing, but have realizied they are recording and marking in the recording that they detect audio or motion...

So if these two cameras are disarmed, how are they being trigger by the audio or motion as well as recording to my account?

Firmware:  1.070.52.1_35_1bdb65f
Hardware:  H10
6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

weezykid,

Do you have any additional rules that trigger these cameras when a different camera detects motion? Any third party integrations that could be triggering (IFTTT, etc.)?

While the cameras may periodically wake up to communicate to the base/smarthub to check for updates and communicate with the cloud, they should not initiate a recording if there are no triggers/rules telling the camera to do so.

JamesC

weezykid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey James,  Thank you for the reply!
I have them included in another Mode, but the other modes are not active.  Not using anything cool like integrations yet as I have been keeping it basic.

My normal actions with Arlo is have my mode for outside cameras active at all times.  In the app under Mode I have "My devices and in that I have only my Outside cams mode listed.

Under the base all of my other modes are not checked, only the mode that includes the outside cams and not my two interior cams.

But I have noticed the latest light ups for them and they have recorded with a note of motion or audio....

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you have Smoke/CO detection enabled? It's possible this could be causing the behavior.

Take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062224/What-is-the-Arlo-Smoke-and-CO-Alarm-Detection-feature-and-how-do-I-set...

JamesC

weezykid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looked through my Arlo Secure app and could not find CO2 or smoke detection anywhere.  I have a VMB5000r6 base, firmware 1.21.1.0_1431_9611cf3.

weezykid
Aspirant
Aspirant

So far the only thing that stops the random detections which turn the recording on is to turn the camera off in the app.
If they are not part of the mode that is active, there should be zero chance of them recording.  Have had these for a while and this just started within the last 3-6 months or so.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@weezykid wrote:

Looked through my Arlo Secure app and could not find CO2 or smoke detection anywhere.  I have a VMB5000r6 base, firmware 1.21.1.0_1431_9611cf3.

Do you see "Library" at the bottom of the app page?

Or do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead?

Either way, it is on the smart notification page:

IMG_1521.PNG

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation