Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Direct acces strorage trough VPN setup

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MohaKahl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, Someone can help to setup VPN acces to ios arlo app please ? I activate VPN in router and Iphone side but I can not see my local storage. Please see pictures in attachment. Thank you.

Capture d’écran 2023-08-10 à 15.50.12.pngIMG_430F23E820CD-1.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MohaKahl wrote:

It's happened some thing so strange. After seeing your post. I download a ping ios app and checked by ping a few IP addresses with VPN (wifi turned off on my phone) and it worked out quite well. After that my arlo app deleted itself and I install it again and now I can see my video trough VPN !

Definitely strange, but it's good that its working.

@MohaKahl wrote:

I noticed that forwarding port menu disapear from Arlo app.

Odd, as that should still be there.  Uninstalling and reinstalling the app might bring it back.  But you don't need it now that you are using the VPN, so you could just leave it alone for now.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to confirm -

• Can you see the local storage when you are home (not using the VPN)?
  • Is the router you are using for the VPN the same router that is providing your home wifi?
MohaKahl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi 

Thank you for your answer !

Yes, when I am at home I can see local storage and when I use forwarding port too. But not with VPN.

Is the router you are using for the VPN the same router that is providing your home wifi? YES

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MohaKahl wrote:

Yes, when I am at home I can see local storage and when I use forwarding port too. But not with VPN.

Is the router you are using for the VPN the same router that is providing your home wifi? YES

Can you access other devices on your home network when you are using the VPN (and have wifi turned off on the phone)?  There are ping apps available for iOS that could help test this.

MohaKahl
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB 

It's happened some thing so strange. After seeing your post. I download a ping ios app and checked by ping a few IP addresses with VPN (wifi turned off on my phone) and it worked out quite well. After that my arlo app deleted itself and I install it again and now I can see my video trough VPN ! I do not understun how because I checked and restart everyting without any good result. I noticed that forwarding port menu disapear from Arlo app.

IMG_583DF3F556DA-1.jpegIMG_CF8502BAD50B-1.jpegIMG_5441016A7598-1.jpeg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MohaKahl wrote:

It's happened some thing so strange. After seeing your post. I download a ping ios app and checked by ping a few IP addresses with VPN (wifi turned off on my phone) and it worked out quite well. After that my arlo app deleted itself and I install it again and now I can see my video trough VPN !

Definitely strange, but it's good that its working.

@MohaKahl wrote:

I noticed that forwarding port menu disapear from Arlo app.

Odd, as that should still be there.  Uninstalling and reinstalling the app might bring it back.  But you don't need it now that you are using the VPN, so you could just leave it alone for now.

MohaKahl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes sure I do not need it cause I can acces trough VPN. But problem is still there after uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Thank you for your help sir.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation