Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 VMC5040 LED continuously blinks blue, will not sync with base station

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jjc-cr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Purchased an Ultra 2 about 1 year ago and it has been working since then. The other day it went offline and the LED continuously blinks blue. I have tried all of the recommended remedies found in Arlo support several times, but it will not sync with the base station. Despite all efforts the LED is still slowly blinking blue. My other 5 cameras are still synced and working fine. I’m in Costa Rica and subscription plans are not supported so I am unable to speak to a live person. Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The continuous blinking blue LED is definitely an issue since it's an undefined scenario. If removing the camera from your account and resetting it using the following procedure doesn't help reconnect the camera, your only choice would be to use the warranty for a possible RMA. I'll tag the mods to see if they can help out (find your receipt in the meantime). @JamesC , @ShayneS 

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

Jjc-cr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the response. I have tried (again) to reset the camera following the instructions provided. The base station does not find the camera even with trying a manual sync. The blue light just keeps on blinking. Unfortunately I bought it on February 10, 2022 so I think the warranty is over.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation