Ultra 2 Smart Plan, SD Questions and resolution question
Hi! Just a few Ultra2 questions:
1. Has anyone had the Pro3 and the Ultra2 and have any feedback for comparison? I currently have the Pro3 and just bought the Costco 4 pack Ultra2 as a replacement.
2. Is there a way to manipulate the Ultra2 settings and record in 1080, 2K or 4K?
3. Can I purchase the 2K plan and record in 2K w/the Ultra2?
4. Can I choose the resolution of the Ultra (2k or 4k) when recording to the SD card in the HUB?
5. Can I choose to record to the SD card in the HUB and record to the cloud? Thanks!
1) I don't have an Ultra 2 so can't compare but I believe that the main differences are 2k vs. 4k and the Ultra 2 being able to be further from a hub. See https://kb.arlo.com/1088443/Which-Arlo-camera-is-right-for-me
2) I would assume it's the same as the Ultra so very likely.
5) A subscription will record to both the hub and cloud. Without a sub it will only record locally.
Thanks for those answers, much appreciated! As for the Pro3, a few more differences I found are the Ultra2 has dual microphones and dual motion sensors vs single for the pro3. The Ultra2 also has "wind noise cancellation". My Pro3 gets a ton of wind noise that's always setting off the alerts if I have "noise" selected as an alert function so I'm hoping to see some serious improvement with the new cameras.