Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Allen012
Tutor
Tutor

Hi!  Just a few Ultra2 questions:

1.  Has anyone had the Pro3 and the Ultra2 and have any feedback for comparison?  I currently have the Pro3 and just bought the Costco 4 pack Ultra2 as a replacement.  

2.  Is there a way to manipulate the Ultra2 settings and record in 1080, 2K or 4K?

3.  Can I purchase the 2K plan and record in 2K w/the Ultra2? 

4.  Can I choose the resolution of the Ultra (2k or 4k)  when recording to the SD card in the HUB?

5.  Can I choose to record to the SD card in the HUB and record to the cloud?  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
pwaggs
Apprentice
Apprentice

SD card records whatever is being recorded in the cloud. It cannot record at a different spec than the cloud setting is set to record to.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) I don't have an Ultra 2 so can't compare but I believe that the main differences are 2k vs. 4k and the Ultra 2 being able to be further from a hub. See https://kb.arlo.com/1088443/Which-Arlo-camera-is-right-for-me

2) I would assume it's the same as the Ultra so very likely.

3) Yes.

4) No.

5) A subscription will record to both the hub and cloud. Without a sub it will only record locally.

Allen012
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for those answers, much appreciated!  As for the Pro3, a few more differences I found are the Ultra2 has dual microphones and dual motion sensors vs single for the pro3.  The Ultra2 also has "wind noise cancellation".  My Pro3 gets a ton of wind noise that's always setting off the alerts if I have "noise" selected as an alert function so I'm hoping to see some serious improvement with the new cameras.  

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation