Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2/ Homekit

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
NTM
Tutor
Tutor
Anyone else having trouble connecting to HomeKit? I keep getting error messages. When I scan QR code it says “uncertified accessory “. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

NTM,

You may need to try removing and factory resetting your SmartHub. First remove it from Settings > My Devices > select your SmartHub > Remove Device. It should automatically factory reset after this is done. If it does not, follow the instructions here for a manual reset: How can I reset my Arlo SmartHub or base station to the default values?

After the reset is complete, add the SmartHub back to your Arlo account. You will also need to resync your cameras and then attempt HomeKit setup again.

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

NTM,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

NTM
Tutor
Tutor
Now I’m getting this message. I’ve restarted the base several times and still won’t show up in HomeKit.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

NTM,

You may need to try removing and factory resetting your SmartHub. First remove it from Settings > My Devices > select your SmartHub > Remove Device. It should automatically factory reset after this is done. If it does not, follow the instructions here for a manual reset: How can I reset my Arlo SmartHub or base station to the default values?

After the reset is complete, add the SmartHub back to your Arlo account. You will also need to resync your cameras and then attempt HomeKit setup again.

JamesC

NTM
Tutor
Tutor
PROBLEM SOLVED!!
I removed the hub and did the factory reset, I then added the hub back and then set up HomeKit. I then synced up all 4 cameras. All is workin fine now.
Thanks JamesC !!
mjulier
Initiate
Initiate

I tried doing the reset and still get "Uncertified Accessory". Is it possible to "get the new token" that was listed as a solution in another thread?

Thanks!

stevewoz
Initiate
Initiate

I followed all the steps repeatedly, including factory reset. I only get the  "uncertified accessory" response when I try to add this SmartHub to Homekit.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation