Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra Range

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
5LO
Tutor
Tutor

I've read through many of the posts here, but still looking for a concise resolution to my signal problem.

Some say add another VMB5000 Smart Hub into the system and place close to some of the other cameras and it will increase coverage?

If I have 2 base stations I'm assuming I would need to pair 2 of the low signal camera's to the close Smart Hub? So when I log onto my Arlo it would  show 2 base stations with 2 cameras each?

If I have a subscription for the 4K and add another Smart Hub would I need to add a new subscription since I've added another smart hub or does it not matter and the subscription is based off how many camera I have and not how many Smart Hubs I have.

Can the 2nd smart hub be added to a WiFi Extender with ethernet ports and placed closer to the cameras that have the low signal.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

5LO,

You wouldn't need to change anything with your smart plans, simply add the additional SmartHub and sync the cameras.  There isn't a limit to the number of SmartHubs/Base Stations you can have on your account.

Yes. The 2nd SmartHub can be added to a WiFi extender providing the extender has an available ethernet port.

JamesC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

5LO,

You wouldn't need to change anything with your smart plans, simply add the additional SmartHub and sync the cameras.  There isn't a limit to the number of SmartHubs/Base Stations you can have on your account.

Yes. The 2nd SmartHub can be added to a WiFi extender providing the extender has an available ethernet port.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation