Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Lenten
Aspirant
Aspirant

My hub will randomly go from the blue to blinking amber light.  The manual identifies that this indicates a loss of internet connection.  However I can access the camera and turn on the live view while the amber light is blinking.  If I did not have an internet connection would I still be able to initiate and view a live video?  Also the ethernet switch that is connected to the hub ethernet cable is consistently blinking showing it is connected and transmitting data.  

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-mean

A camera is having communication problems, not the hub having issues with the Internet.

Lenten
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera's still stream the CVR 24/7 video during the time the amber light is blinking.  If the camera had a connection problem would it still continuously stream video?  The camera's during the blinking amber show strong or good signal.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How many cameras do you have? Any one camera can cause this to happen. Also, just because it's blinking doesn't mean it can't work, it's just that it's marginal.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation