Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smarthub and all cameras appear offline, but aren’t

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
brettiegabber
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system was working okay for several months. Then a few weeks ago, when I log into the app it says all cameras are offline. I can no longer view them live, edit settings, or view any recordings stored locally on the hub. However, I still get notifications for new recordings and can view them from the cloud. Also I can view live footage using Apple HomeKit. 

I can reset the hub and this will solve the problem for several hours. However, within some short period of time everything reverts to “offline” again. 

This is very frustrating. I’m still in my free trial for the cloud product but this is making me very unlikely to purchase a service that seems so unreliable on a basic level. Is there a solution I am missing?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Who is your ISP and where are you located? Have you tested your Internet connection using speedtest.net? If so, what are the speeds shown as well as the ping time?

brettiegabber
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have fiber internet, which is very fast. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@brettiegabber wrote:

I can reset the hub and this will solve the problem for several hours. However, within some short period of time everything reverts to “offline” again. 

What is the LED status you see on the hub when it goes off-line?

Also what base model do you have?  (There should be a VMBxxxx label on the base).

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation