Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Scheduled and Armed Triggers

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

To conserve battery and cloud recordings, I am setting  up a schedule for some of my cameras.

Question I have is that when the MODE is set to SCHEDULE (ie 08:00 to 17:00 active) will the Trigger actions under ARMED (ie Motion, Noise) still be in effect?

So basically, I am asking if I can have a Schedule and still keep my armed triggers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
The schedule mode is configurable to enable you to decide what mode the system is set to at any time over a week.
E.g if the schedule has an entry set for armed mode then the system will switch to that mode for the time frame for that entry.

If no entry is defined in the schedule period the system switches to the disarmed condition.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
The schedule mode is configurable to enable you to decide what mode the system is set to at any time over a week.
E.g if the schedule has an entry set for armed mode then the system will switch to that mode for the time frame for that entry.

If no entry is defined in the schedule period the system switches to the disarmed condition.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rdilauro wrote:

To conserve battery and cloud recordings, I am setting  up a schedule for some of my cameras.

Question I have is that when the MODE is set to SCHEDULE (ie 08:00 to 17:00 active) will the Trigger actions under ARMED (ie Motion, Noise) still be in effect?

So basically, I am asking if I can have a Schedule and still keep my armed triggers.

To add on to what @Dannybear says -

You schedule modes.  If your scheduled camera is connected to the base, then you need to keep in mind that the mode controls all the cameras connected to that base.  Any camera w/o a rule in the mode is disarmed when that mode is active.

The process generally is to 

1. identify any custom modes you need to accomplish your goal
  2. create those custom modes (including setting the trigger thresholds, recording time, and notification methods)
  3. create the schedule that uses those modes
  4. set the mode to "schedule".

One annoyance - the ui won't let you create a schedule entry that crosses midnight.  In that case you need to divide the entry - ending at 11:59 pm, and creating a new entry that starts at midnight.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation