Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Stevewins
Apprentice
Apprentice

What’s going on with the SD card corruption issue?  I keep repairing the cards on my computer and the VMB5000 keeps re-corrupting them rendering my local storage option non-functional. 

112 REPLIES 112
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We recently released an update v1.21.1 for the Smart Hub/Base Station to address this issue with the local storage errors. The update is currently available for the NA region. 

*The EU Region will be released at a later date. 

This update will be automatically updated OTA. Please let us know if you still experience any issues with your local store. 

Thank you 

Sport6929
Star
Star

Everything appeared to be working again with the exception of the annoying need to download stored videos to my phone.

An hours later and even after a restart of the base and the app: There was an error obtaining your library.  Arlo team is working on this issue.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Sport6929 

Thank you, I will check in on this. 

Old-dirty
Star
Star

How much of a later date before the EU get this? Looks like my firmware is quite old but app says it’s up to date. 

VMB5000r4

f/w 1.21.0.2_1423

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Old-dirty 

Great question, it looks like there is a current Slow release plan for Your regions firmware. Some users may have this firmware installed OTA as the release is ramped to 100%.

turkeysub426
Guide
Guide

Unfortunately, my USB drive finally stopped recording on 6/23/2023.  It looks like the last successful recording was at 4:15pm ET, then nothing.  Looking at the drive through the Arlo app, it's not in good shape.  The drive is there and I can watch the videos, but I can't do anything else with the drive (e.g. format, view info, etc).  When I put the drive in my Windows desktop, it says the USB is corrupt, but then it can't fix it.  I can still navigate within the drive, but I've noticed that I can't delete the last folder that was written to (000020); I can delete other folders.  Looks like I'm going to have to reformat again.  I'll continue to post updates here to my dilemma as it doesn't appear to be completely fixed as I had hoped...

Sport6929
Star
Star

Well I thought this issue was fully resolved but I guess not.  My system stopped local recording to micro SD on 30 June despite having local storage selected.  

I have cloud storage but I need permanent recordings not ones that disappear after a set amount of time.

I have reset the VMB5000r5 base and verified I have plenty of room on SD card and local recording is turned on.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The latest firmware version for the EU region has been released. Please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue. Your devices should automatically receive the update OTA over night.

Thank you 

Old-dirty
Star
Star

Yes that’s fixed the sd card issue. Thanks 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Old-dirty Thank you for the update.

BK-001
Aspirant
Aspirant

For Turkey, this problem is still not fixed and there are serious PROBLEMS. If this is not corrected, I will initiate legal proceedings. We have been very victimized by Arlo. While my 4540 device is running smoothly, it gives a usb error.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@BK-001 

Did you receive my direct message regarding the error messaging? 

turkeysub426
Guide
Guide

I'm just about ready to give up on Arlo.  I've had to reformat my USB drive 2-3 times in the past couple of weeks (after it had worked for about a month straight).  Now, I can't get it to work for more than a couple of days.  I'll give it one more shot, then this setup is going on eBay for someone else to figure out...  So disappointed...

Discussion stats