Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recent App Upgrade Ultra 2 and VMB5000

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RIPOC
Tutor
Tutor

In 2021 I bought 3 Arlo Ultra 2 cameras and a base station and set them up with local storage to a micro disk. Never had a paid subscription. Cameras have worked fine and all along I have been able to view the library videos stored locally.

I upgraded when informed of the app upgrade to benefit from any bug fixes or security patches. Once done I was unable to view any videos locally stored. The app indicated this was a premium subscription service. Called the number I used for tech support in the past, but it was disconnected.  Is there a fix for this or can I reverse the upgrade.

Using IOS 17.4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RIPOC wrote:

I have walked in front of them and nothing happens. This leads me to believe the upgrade changed my settings.

Check the rules in the mode you are using.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RIPOC wrote:

I upgraded when informed of the app upgrade to benefit from any bug fixes or security patches. Once done I was unable to view any videos locally stored. 

Are you saying you now see "Feed" and "Dashboard" in the app, instead of "Library"?

If that is what happened, then you can still access local storage.  But it is not in the feed.  Instead

1. go to the devices page
  2. select the VMB5000
  3. select storage settings

The recordings should show up on that page.  It's not as convenient as before - hopefully Arlo will put them into feed at some point.

@RIPOC wrote:

Called the number I used for tech support in the past, but it was disconnected.  

Yes, now you can only get phone support through the app.  It requires a subscription (either trial or paid).

@RIPOC wrote:

I upgraded when informed of the app upgrade to benefit from any bug fixes or security patches.

...can I reverse the upgrade.

You cannot go back to Library.

FWIW, the app itself has supported both of the interfaces for over a year now.  You didn't actually upgrade the app - what happened instead is that Arlo just switched your account to the new interface.

Everyone will eventually end up migrated to Feed - Arlo won't maintain two different interfaces forever.

RIPOC
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you, that was fast.

I see the videos now. Unfortunately the cameras seem to be activated even though both show as active. I have walked in front of them and nothing happens. This leads me to believe the upgrade changed my settings.

Under ‘local storage settings” status shows good and all the functions are enabled except ‘port forwarding’. And there is tons of storage space on the micro disk.

Any suggestions?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RIPOC wrote:

I have walked in front of them and nothing happens. This leads me to believe the upgrade changed my settings.

Check the rules in the mode you are using.

RIPOC
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you that did it.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation