CVR

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
andyarlo22
Aspirant
Aspirant

You guys have the most difficult website to navigate in order to give you money.  I wanted to add the CVR service to 2 of my cams but can't because I have an annual membership to Arlo safe.  Umm. that makes a lot of sense.  So how exactly do I add the CVR service?  I tried cancelling the annual membership but you don't allow that either.  Can Arlo just add a subscription or upgrade service button?  It's really hard to navigate your site or give you more money.

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@andyarlo22 wrote:

I wanted to add the CVR service to 2 of my cams but can't because I have an annual membership to Arlo safe.  Umm. that makes a lot of sense.  So how exactly do I add the CVR service? 

Do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" in the app?  Or do you instead see "Library"?

With the monthly subscription and "Feed", you log into my.arlo.com on a PC, and then click on the profile pulldown in the upper left of the screen.  Choose "My Arlo Account" and you can add CVR.  Note you cannot do this in a mobile browser on an iphone or ipad.

With "Library", you'd instead choose "Settings", and then "Subscription"

Not sure if this is different with the annual plan (as I don't have that).

andyarlo22
Aspirant
Aspirant

My app has “feed” on the bottom.  I only have a Mac. I also need a PC to buy extra services? WOW. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@andyarlo22 wrote:

I only have a Mac. I also need a PC to buy extra services? 

A Mac is a PC.  

A Mac is fine.  The iPhone/iPad app won't work for this, neither will the iPhone/app browsers (not just Safari, but also Chrome).  Apple takes 30% of anything purchased through an iOS app, and (like Spotify), Arlo isn't willing to pay them that much.

The steps for the newer "Feed" interface are

(1) Log into my.arlo.com on your Mac  You should see this on the left side of the screen:

cvr1.png

(2) Click on the Secure icon on the top left and you will see this

cvr2.png

(3)  Click on "My Arlo Account"/"Manage Your Subscriptions", and you should see an option to purchase CVR

cvr3.png

CVR requires the camera be connected to AC power (solar isn't enough). Note you will need both CVR and Arlo Secure if you want to get motion notifications (and motion recordings).  CVR will give you a continuous timeline, but you will not be able to download a segment of the video.  The best you can do is record your screen while playing something back.  Also, when I tried it, I found there were a lot of gaps.

Though there are certainly folks here who use it, personally I didn't think it was worth the money.

andyarlo22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I know how to do that.  That’s where the roadblock is. 

IMG_0766.jpeg

And of course you can’t change your annual plan to monthly.  I’m over it. Back to Google. No 4k yet but the video stream is clean 24/7 and the AI is actual face recognition.  
Thanks for your time. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

That limitation is really crazy.

FWIW, last time I checked, CVR only gives you 1080p, not 4K.  However the KB article says nothing about the resolution. 

I'm tagging @JamesC , as if there is a limitation on resolution the article should say that.  Plus it should say that you cannot subscribe to CVR if you have an annual subscription.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

StephenB,

The KB for CVR already mentions 1080p for the CVR streams. I will work with the team to see about adding a note about the annual plan limitation.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062894/What-is-Continuous-Video-Recording-CVR-and-how-do-I-use-it-Arlo-Secure...

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation