Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Product installation and setup

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
FlyingToasters
Guide
Guide

I am needing assistance setting up a number of different products to seamlessly work together and integrate with the Apple Home architecture. I have currently purchased the following products;

• 2 x Smart Hub - VMB5000-100NAS
  • 8 x Arlo Ultra 2 Wireless Security Cameras
  • 2 x Arlo Essential Wireless Security Cameras
  • Arlo Essential Wired Video Doorbell
  • Security Keypad Sensor Hub
  • All-in-One Sensors
  • Cellular and Battery Backup
  • Arlo Chime 2

I am an Apple User with iOS 16.4 and new home architecture.  I am needing to understand the order of operations to setting up my devices and integrating together and through Apple Home.

I work within a technical field (IT) and just need to understand if I am suppose to setup the security system first, then the cameras, and how do I integrate to security system and cameras to work together within the smart hub.  Do I finally setup the integration with Apple or is that done when the product is direct registered with the Arlo app?

Unable to chat with Arlo support as the products are not yet registered under my account.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would set up the SmartHub and cameras first and then add the security system (that was my order). I don't know for sure that's required but it's known to work fine.

FlyingToasters
Guide
Guide

As far as the integration into Apple Home, does that occur during the time of registration / discovery of the devices into the Arlo app, or a separate add manually in the Home App.

Additionally, for the Smart Hub, when setting that up, is that done after the cameras are up and functional or before.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@FlyingToasters wrote:

Additionally, for the Smart Hub, when setting that up, is that done after the cameras are up and functional or before.

The smarthub has to be added to your account (and be on line) before you can add the cameras.

@FlyingToasters wrote:

As far as the integration into Apple Home, does that occur during the time of registration / discovery of the devices into the Arlo app, or a separate add manually in the Home App.

Afterwards. See

If adding to homekit fails, then you might need a token reset - you can ask for that here, or alternatively contact paid support.

FlyingToasters
Guide
Guide

I will be setting up two separate smart hubs, each with local storage. When setting up the cameras after the hub is registered and online, can I choose which cameras will be connected to a particular hub?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@FlyingToasters wrote:

I will be setting up two separate smart hubs, each with local storage. When setting up the cameras after the hub is registered and online, can I choose which cameras will be connected to a particular hub?

You pair the camera with a specific hub when you install the camera.

If you want to move the camera to the other hub, you'd need to remove the camera from your account, and install it again.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation