Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Presales -- need add-on camera. Trying to figure out which camera works with my Base Station?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LuckyCharm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased an Ultra 2 and had to return it for a refund because it wasn't compatible with my older VMB3000 base station. Now I still need an add-on camera, but cannot figure out why it's so hard to find any information about base station requirements for any of them on the website. Even on the Ultra 2 page, there's nothing about needing a "Smart Hub" or anything in order to use the camera. I had to open a chat with an agent just to get some information, but I would trust the information a lot more if I could find it for myself on the website.

5 REPLIES 5
LuckyCharm
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is great. How did you find it?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Click on the Support link at the top here. Enter search terms such as "base compatibility" in the search box. Select Support Articles or Product Pages on the left side near the top to get only those results to minimize the clutter. You can also use a Google search on something like "Arlo base compatibility" and look for Arlo-specific results.

LuckyCharm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks! It's just odd that at no point during the purchase process did it alert me that I needed a "Smart Hub" rather than the old base station I've been using for years. 

SinisterStairs
Apprentice
Apprentice

I didn't even realize it was possible to buy an Ultra 2 w/o the hub!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation