Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
WalterPalmgren
Tutor
Tutor
Because of a tree in the way … I cannot mount camera high at a downward angle. It is looking straight out horizontally. It picks up traffic about 50-100ft away. I have an activity zone set but that doesn’t help. I tried to set the shot at a zoomed in look, but that didn’t help either. Since I have another camera on the same system that I need active at all times, I cannot really use geofencing to disarm the camera. So far the only option is to manually turn it off in the app and back on each time. Most other cameras I am familiar with have a sensitivity setting to adjust how far out the range would be and how easily it can be triggered. But I can’t find such a feature on Arlo. Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
The motion sensitivity adjustment for camera triggering is made in the camera rules within the operating mode.

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master
The motion sensitivity adjustment for camera triggering is made in the camera rules within the operating mode.

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First there is a way ( above ) to adjust the sense level...

Second, and maybe more the issue, the sense range for people is a max a about 25ft.. yes, it will pick up vehicles farther away ( reflected ir ) but not people.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
WalterPalmgren
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you
WalterPalmgren
Tutor
Tutor
I appreciate you.
Found it.