Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

stopped recording videos at night and no longer notifies me with motio

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure what Arlo system I have but it stopped recording videos at night and no longer notifies me with motion. It used to work fine. What should I do?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Look at the bottom of your base station or hub for a VMB**** - that describes the base/hub. Inside the camera battery compartment is a VMC*** notation which describes your camera.

If these are new cameras (Ultra/Pro 3 or 4/Essential) they require a subscription for cloud recordings. Do you show a sub in Settings, Subscription? 

Aspirant
Aspirant
jguerdat (Guru),

VMB5000 NA
VMC5040

I do not have a subscription. I store all videos locally.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about/referring to. Please reply in the original post so I have all information.

Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry, still learning this system.

I am no longer getting videos at night, but used to. Also I am not getting notifications of motion or audio. I don’t believe I made any changes to the Settings.

VMB5000 NA on the base.
VMC5040 on the battery.

I do not have a subscription. I store all videos locally.

Thanks for any assistance,
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been various other posts about lack of nighttime recordings. I've recently seen this myself with several cameras so you're not alone. Of course, testing would be useful so at some point when you know it's not recording (might be rather late at night) try triggering a recording yourself by walking in front of the camera. See if the red LEDs glow on the camera (they're dim so look carefully) or if the spotlight turns on. Look in the library to see if a recording was made.

It's possible that no movement is taking place or that you need to increase the motion sensitivity in your modes and rules. WHile it seems to be an Arlo issue, there are things to try yourself, too.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation