Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Other alternatives or mounting accessories to mount Arlo Ultra 2 cameras to home gutter or above

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nighthawk9988
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Everyone!
I am hoping someone can offer some ideas or suggestions to be able to mount my new Ultra 2 cameras on the gutter or above outside the front of my home. The problem I have now discovered is that the gutter mounts I purchased of Amazon will not secure to my 1980's home gutters as the top lip profile does not suit the clamps. I was thinking TV aerial extension pole but that might not be the right way to go either. My home gutter is nearly 2 metres from the ground which makes it real easy for anyone to either damage or steal the camera's hence why I need to get them out of reach! Can anyone help thank you???
Cheers

Kim
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SinisterStairs
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've been a fan of RAM Mounts for a long time, so I used my existing components to mount my Arlo cameras in many unusual positions.  The Ultra 2 uses a standard camera mount thread, so anything with a 1/4"-20 threading will work.  I've used this particular ball adapter to connect my Arlos to different mounts:

• I've used claws to attach my camera to pipes, railings, gutters, attic joists, and even my kids' remote control toys.  RAM also has other clamps and U-bolts which might work better, but I didn't have any of those to play with.  One of those should be able to clamp onto your gutters.
  • I've used the suction cup to attach a camera to a 2nd floor window, a sliding door, and a skylight.
  • I've used a magnetic mount to temporarily secure a camera to the top of my truck (needed to monitor the house roof on a windy day) and our furnace (to monitor some leaking PVC pipes).

They have lots of extensions and other ways you could mount a camera.  Frankly, the sheer number of components they have are overwhelming; I'm sure you could find something that would work for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SinisterStairs
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've been a fan of RAM Mounts for a long time, so I used my existing components to mount my Arlo cameras in many unusual positions.  The Ultra 2 uses a standard camera mount thread, so anything with a 1/4"-20 threading will work.  I've used this particular ball adapter to connect my Arlos to different mounts:

• I've used claws to attach my camera to pipes, railings, gutters, attic joists, and even my kids' remote control toys.  RAM also has other clamps and U-bolts which might work better, but I didn't have any of those to play with.  One of those should be able to clamp onto your gutters.
  • I've used the suction cup to attach a camera to a 2nd floor window, a sliding door, and a skylight.
  • I've used a magnetic mount to temporarily secure a camera to the top of my truck (needed to monitor the house roof on a windy day) and our furnace (to monitor some leaking PVC pipes).

They have lots of extensions and other ways you could mount a camera.  Frankly, the sheer number of components they have are overwhelming; I'm sure you could find something that would work for you.

Nighthawk9988
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi SinisterStairs!

Thank you so much for your quick response to my dilemma with my gutter mounting issue with the Arlo cameras! I found your suggestion very very helpful to resolve the mounting problem. As I live in Australia it presents me with having local purchase and delivery problems in getting this brand here to Australia. From your very valued help I have managed to find same same alternative from an online company named SmallRig through Amazon AU. Hopefully this will do the trick for both the Arlo cameras and the small solar panels that came with it!

Again THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! 😃 👍

Best Regards

Kim

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation