Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My Arlo VMB5000r6 port forwarding stopped working since Nov last week

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SenthilMr7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since Nov 22nd my port forwarding stopped working. My device is placed in India and port forwarding was working perfectly fine until Nov 20th last time I remember using it out side home.  How ever now the same setting and same port numbers no longer work. Arlo is not able to provide log files, can someone help me trouble shoot this issue. I believe arlo blocked devices outside their core region for port forwarding but I don’t know how to trouble shoot this. Badly need help.

Also the recent firmware update on 13th Dec also removed ability to record onto sd card.

4 REPLIES 4
SenthilMr7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry missed to add

1) ip addresses bonded in dhcp settings 

2) port numbers locked in router firewall port forwarding page 

3) IP address and port numbers exactly match to app

4) checked with ISP on any firewall or blocks and none found 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SenthilMr7 wrote:

Since Nov 22nd my port forwarding stopped working. My device is placed in India and port forwarding was working perfectly fine until Nov 20th last time I remember using it out side home.  

More likely a change made by your ISP (and nothing to do with Arlo).  But there is an issue many people are having with local storage, so double-check that you are seeing recordings on your local network.

Have you checked that the port is still open using one of these tools?

SenthilMr7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen B really appreciate your inputs. I am talking to my ISP to get static Ip with specific ports opened. Looks like they migrated my connection from IPV4 to IPv6 hence I lost access on my arlo. 

Hopefully over the next couple of days they may be able to set me up for static IP. 

On the issue of camera not writing to SD card the issue continues and looks like it is a bug in the firmware update and they are still working on it 

Swed
Aspirant
Aspirant

what happened with your case? I have the same issue, suddenly it stopped working. 
1. set IP in router same as IP on Arlo hub
2. set TCP port to be open on router, same as Arlo hub
3. Running IPv4

Hade the same settings  befor but not it is not working

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation