Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Grant Access (People) to view Camera

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
StanleyNz90
Follower
Follower

Hello, 

background,  

ARLO Ultra 2 with base station vmb5000 sub 30months old

have granted access to x2 email addresses and I was able to control this either adding or removing access to either account. (worked fine)

Problem:

I can no longer see the users in my shared user tab (now known as people in the latest updated app) - was an issue before the new app 

so I can’t grant or remove access to any cameras for any users nor can I see them to delete them, essentially they don’t exist on my end. 
however the users can still see the cameras as per. 

solution:

Arlo have given me the run around for the last 4 months on why and steps on fixing it and closing the case and standard trouble shooting on how to grant access… 

I find this a massive breach of my privacy albeit I did give these users access however I should be able to delete them, or at the very least remove the access, I just want the users either visible or deleted so I can re add them? Or not 

also issues with charging and cameras going off line when plugged into mains, and failing to capture images, Pretty over it. 

paying for a sub service and defo feeling isolated and frustrated, looking at changing security brands over this issue, can’t even take back to get ‘repaired’ as 6 months out of warranty, nor will Arlo even offer a discounted subscription for the most part cameras are off line. 

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You could consider starting over - cancelling the subscription, and removing the cameras and base from the account.  Then delete the account, and create a new one - onboarding the cameras again, and resubscribing (after you confirm that the friend access is working properly).

Bill_Braskey
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue that everyone on my "Grant Access" are missing.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation