Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mixed System with Live View Issue Over Wifi

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
chrisngrod
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hardware:
VMB5000R4
VMB5000R6
Ultra 
Ultra 2
Pro (not currently in use)

So I had to take this system down when I got my roof and gutters redone.  Flash forward a few months later, I'm now on a Netgear AXE11000 system with 3 satellites.

1 satellite has the VMB5000R6 and 1 satellite has the VBM5000R4 connected via ethernet.  

The R6 and mixed Ultra and Ultra 2 camera stream fine in 4K over the local network.  I have put 3 cameras back up on the VMB5000R4 (2x Ultra and 1x Ultra 2).  As soon as you press play, it says connecting for a split second and then stops.  On cellular they can load with no problem.  Loads fine over the web browser interface.

I am not quite positive what is happening here.  Before I had them a Netgear AX6000 mesh system and it worked fine.    Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance everyone.

2 REPLIES 2
chrisngrod
Apprentice
Apprentice
Update: If disable live 4K on the basestation with streaming issues it works fine 🤷‍♂️.

Obviously doesn't stream 4K though.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe test the backhaul speed from the satellite that is connected to the R4?  You can do this by connecting a laptop to the ethernet port, and running speedtest.

Also, if the R4 is very close to the satellite, you can try moving it further away (as far as the cabling could reach).

FWIW, I leave 4K livestreaming off on my own system, as I prefer to keep the option of making a manual recording.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation