Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ultra 2.PNG

Cutting edge protection for what matters most

While typical security camera footage is infamous for its low fidelity, the Arlo Ultra camera and SmartHub deliver high performance 4K HDR that ensures cutting-edge image quality.

For more information about your Arlo Ultra 2 system and some other helpful resources, check out the links below:

Arlo Knowledge Base

YouTube

If you have any questions about the Arlo Ultra 2 system, post down below and we'll get to each one as soon as we can. If you need additional help, visit Arlo Support for more articles and resources.

Thank you for being part of the Arlo family!

28 REPLIES 28
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Don't usually look over the ultra 2 comments but after looking at them, I'm pretty sure the original ultra does use both 5 and 2.4.  I remember way back when it was activated and both show on a wi-fi analyzer.  It may be used differently with the new hardware, can't really say about that.

jayhova1
Guide
Guide

I have an existing Arlo Pro 2 setup using a VMB4000r3 hub with 5x cameras, doorbell and chime.  If I purchase an Ultra 2 I have a few questions.

1. Can all existing hardware be ported over to use with the new hub coming with the ultra 2?  I would prefer not to run 2x hubs.

2. I have paid for CVR on 3x of the Arlo Pro 2.  Will this port over?

3. Can I move CVR from an existing Arlo Pro 2 to the new Ultra 2?

4.. I have paid for Arlo Smart Premier for all 6 cameras.  Will this port over and can I include a new ultra 2?

There were limitations in the past when I bought my Arlo Pro 2 as to how many cameras could be used on a hub etc so was hoping to get some guidance here before I consider purchasing an upgrade.

Thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jayhova1,

1. Yes.

2. You would need to cancel your current subscription and then subscribe on the new cameras.

3. See 2.

4. Ultra 2 comes with a 3 month trial for Arlo Smart. Once the trial expires, you can select a new subscription, or utilize an existing subscription if you have available camera coverage.

JamesC

BH2
Aspirant
Aspirant

James, can I get some help? Please see my post in the ultra 2 section of this forum. I bought 2 black arlo 2 cameras, had to return 1 and was replaced a white camera. Awaiting the black and recently discovered a black is coming but it is the original arlo ultra (not 2) based upon the code VMC5040B. My box says VMS5240B.

Discussion stats