Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jmar111
Aspirant
Aspirant

A2832360-6AA2-415F-B3BF-774B8E592CD5.png

 I bought the latest and greatest 4K cameras but either I got 3 bad cameras or this is false advertising. It’s set on best video but here’s a screenshot. What’s the deal?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jmar111 wrote:

 I bought the latest and greatest 4K cameras but either I got 3 bad cameras or this is false advertising. It’s set on best video but here’s a screenshot. What’s the deal?

Is this from a livestream?  Or from a manual recording?

Can you download a recording, and check the resolution there?  With Windows, you can right-click on the file, and look at the details.

Jmar111
Aspirant
Aspirant

It’s not much better. At the same time, I haven’t signed up for a plan yet and I’m on the 30day trial. Idk if that plays a part in it. I’d like to know tho because as of right now I’m regretting my purchase. 

Jmar111
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was from a recording. I took the screenshot on my phone. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jmar111 wrote:

It’s not much better.

I'm not asking if the visual quality looks better.  I'm asking you to check the resolution.  You should see this:

4k.png

If you do see that, then the camera is in fact recording 4K. 

FWIW, Arlo uses rather low bitrates, so the quality will suffer during motion.  Personally I'd like to see them offer a higher quality bitrate option (perhaps reducing the retention to keep the cost the same).

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation