Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
JLemmo
Follower
Follower

Hello, I have a new Arlo Ultra 2 4 camera system and am currently trying to fully charge the 4 batteries per the instructions, ahead of time before I set up the system in a few days. The problem is that the charging instructions say nothing about how to know when they are fully charged. So this is my 5th attempt to getting an answer. 3 tries with Arlo tech. support, and now 2 with community. So far I am told that it takes about 2 hours to charge them and that the way to know they are full that there will be a solid blue light. But after charging all four batteries each for well over 3 hours  there is still no solid blue light. One battery is still on the charger now for over 4 hours. How can I use a system that has no battery full indicator like everything else ? Some say that I can get that indication from the app after I set up system, but that dosen't explain my issue. Please help. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@JLemmo wrote:

So far I am told that it takes about 2 hours to charge them and that the way to know they are full that there will be a solid blue light.

The blue light is the best indicator, but it can be disabled in the settings. I can't recall the default setting.

How are you charging the battery? With a charger "dock" or in camera? If the latter, is it a "fast" 9 volt adapter, or the standard 5 volt?

As @dcfox1 says, early charges can take longer.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dcfox1
Master
Master

When I got my Pro3 system it took 4-5 hours to charge the first time. Mabey give it a little longer. 

You can also at least set up one before mounting and then check the battery in the app or web portal. 4 hours should be more then enough charge to set up. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@JLemmo wrote:

So far I am told that it takes about 2 hours to charge them and that the way to know they are full that there will be a solid blue light.

The blue light is the best indicator, but it can be disabled in the settings. I can't recall the default setting.

How are you charging the battery? With a charger "dock" or in camera? If the latter, is it a "fast" 9 volt adapter, or the standard 5 volt?

As @dcfox1 says, early charges can take longer.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been a few cases where the LED never lit on initial charge before syncing.  I would go ahead and sync, updating the firmware as needed. Then check the battery level to see if it's 100% and see if plugging in the charger results in the blue LED coming on. If not, check the camera settings to verify that Camera LED is enabled.

Koolagan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the exact same problem and I don’t see a solution in any of the replies. I haven’t loaded the app because I’m getting a new phone tomorrow. My first impression with tech support is that they don’t know the product and are working off of a canned script. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would just charge each camera for ~4 hours even if the LED doesn't change. Set up the system and update firmware - see if the issues go away.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation