Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

How to Delete "Modes" in Dashboard ? I do not want to have "Arm Away" / "Arm Home" / "Standby"

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rickp703
Tutor
Tutor

Hello - I'm not excited about this recent App upgrade - How do I delete The "Modes"?  I only need 1 Mode to which I will address my camera behaviors within the camera section.  I am OK with One Mode if needed, but want to remove multiple modes.

TIA

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rickp703 wrote:

How do I delete The "Modes"?  

You can't.  FWIW, the big complaint here is that a lot of people need more modes, and you can't add them either.

BTW, if you want to both arm and disarm your cameras you need at least two modes, not just one.

Rickp703
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you - I upgraded the doorbell to V2, and now it requires the new app.  Not a fan.  All my cameras are exterior and trigger on movement only, so no need for in / outs

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rickp703 wrote:

Thank you - I upgraded the doorbell to V2, and now it requires the new app.  Not a fan.  All my cameras are exterior and trigger on movement only, so no need for in / outs

Before migrating to "Feed" you had two built-in modes (Armed and Disarmed).  Now you have three (Armed Home, Armed Away, Standby).  So one more than you happen to need.

The default setup for "Standby" is the same as "Disarmed" was with "Library".  You can set up "Armed Home" and "Armed Away" identically, so it wouldn't matter which one you choose.

FWIW, there are plenty of people with a similar setup to yours who do want more than two (or three) modes.  For instance, if they have a back yard patio, they often want an easy way to disarm their backyard cameras while keeping their front yard cameras armed.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation