Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Feed when using Auto Zoom

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
readyp
Tutor
Tutor

I am pleased with the Ultra 2 camera.
I tested out the Auto zoom tracking today for about 10 hours. It worked well in CVR, but nothing recorded in the feed at all.  When turning on Auto Zoom, there was a warning that it may affect Arlo Smart video analysis, but I took that to mean identifying people, animals and cars. Is there an issue somewhere, or is this expected?

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @readyp 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

readyp
Tutor
Tutor

I only turned on the zoom and track option and monitored the results.

In CVR, I can see it recorded zooming and tracking when people and cars went past. But for the same period there was not recordings in the standard feed at all. I turned off the zoom and track option (after 10 hours) and the feed then matched the CVR

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@readyp wrote:

I only turned on the zoom and track option and monitored the results.

In CVR, I can see it recorded zooming and tracking when people and cars went past. But for the same period there was not recordings in the standard feed at all. I turned off the zoom and track option (after 10 hours) and the feed then matched the CVR

Do you use activity zones?  Generally those are the problem (since Arlo processes activity zones in the cloud, and it is a bit tricky to do that when the camera is panning/zooming).

readyp
Tutor
Tutor

No, I did not use activity zones.

Can I deduce from your interest, that what I am describing is not expected?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@readyp wrote:

that what I am describing is not expected?

You should be getting motion recordings with Auto Track and Zoom enabled.

You could contact paid support - I doubt they can fix it (since it's likely a bug), but they can at least log it.

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) so they can follow up if desired.

Note this is a user-to-user forum, and I don't work for Arlo.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation