Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

scottpev
Follower
Follower

The feed tab is showing a number as though I still have videos in my feed even though I have deleted them

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently testing a fix for this issue. Once We have a date available for when that fix can be deliver I will provide another update here on the community.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update once we have more information available to share.

JamesC

186 REPLIES 186
Aldo58
Guide
Guide

For me, it is messages about "mode changes" that cause the problem.

Aldo58
Guide
Guide

Same problem here…. For me, it is messages about "mode changes" that cause the problem.

tprice96
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello so I recently ran into an issue where in my feed settings on the app is currently telling me I have 9 new notifications but when I go to my feed I have nothing in there it’s completely empty. I will arm my cameras and in my feed it will say armed I clear in the feed but the number at the bottom continues to go up to now 9 but again nothing is showing I have tried re setting the hub, logging out and logging back in deleting the app off of my iPhone and re installing my nothing if anyone can help that would greatly be appreciated thanks 

johnmjr
Aspirant
Aspirant

My feed counter show 5 events but there are none.  How do I clear the counter?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@johnmjr wrote:

My feed counter show 5 events but there are none.  How do I clear the counter?

Lots of users have reported this problem.  I don't think you can clear the badge counter.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

It's a bug, and AFAIK there is no way to clear the badge counter.  So the only option right now is to ignore it.

willmtaylor
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue. On iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 17.5.1 and on Arlo app version 4.15. 

Regular notifications appear and clear as they ought to, but changing the Arm Away/Home or Standby won’t clear. 

I never had this issue with my old system (only a doorbell), but now that I have 2 new Arlo products (Arlo 2k doorbell and XL 2k camera), the problem won’t go away. 

willmtaylor
Tutor
Tutor

@ShayneS , please advise. This issue is not resolved, but when threads get closed as resolved, we can no longer post to them for feedback or updates. 

Roaringpants
Guide
Guide

I also have the same problem, I contacted Arlo who said that the issue is to do with IOS and not Arlo?? 
They suggested I restart my phone!

Really starting to regret buying into Arlo!

KachinaShadow
Luminary
Luminary

Had three new videos overnight but the counter went from 17 up to 21 (adding the three should have made it 20). After viewing the three the counter was at 18...one more than last night.

First thing this morning there was one new video but the counter from 18 to 20 and after viewing that one video the counter is now at 19.

I even tried deleting one of the mode activation notifications (Arm Away) from the feed to see if that would change the counter...it didn't

Once again, this is happening on both the app and web portal.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Are you able to replicate/Does this symptom specifically occur when manually changing modes from the Dashboard tab or when the system automatically changes modes? 

devaja
Apprentice
Apprentice

For me the count on the Feed badge does get added to with automatic (rule based) Mode changes AND manual Mode changes. It increments that Feed badge count and won't decrease. My badge count is now 25 regardless of going into the Feed section. Going into Feed Settings and saying don't show Mode Changes doesn't do anything either to badge count.

Aldo58
Guide
Guide

@ShayneS 

manual or automatically changes does not matter…

Aldo58
Guide
Guide

@devaja 

Yes, that's exactly how it is with me, too.…

Rushfan
Initiate
Initiate

The badge number appears to match the mode changes (away home and standby). Camera recordings don’t add to total when viewed.  Deleted some of them but didn’t decrease badge number.

Chiefmacker
Tutor
Tutor

I continue experiencing inaccurate badge notifications. They don’t reset and keep showing a number even after I try resetting them!

Mac

devaja
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS  It looks like its just the Mode Change events possibly that aren't being decremented also on the Feed. I just had two person events in the feed and the badge went up by two in count. Went into Feed and it then went down by two in count. Still on 27 now after doing a Mode change manually to back and forth to test it.

Seems we are all on same page on what's happening now.

Also not sure why its in Ultra 2 forum (moved to that is)...device doesn't matter. I have several Pro 5S and Video DB that's happening on.

Frustrate
Tutor
Tutor

That is BS.

It is not an iPhone issue. I have restarted both my phone and my iPad. I have deleted the apps from both devices and re-installed them. Nothing makes any difference.. If I go to settings/notifications and disable notifications on the phone for Arlo the badge number disappears. However as soon as I turn it back on the badge number reappears.

If they do not fix this I will cancel my subscription. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is continuing to investigate reports of this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. I will provide an update once we have more information available to share.

JamesC

KachinaShadow
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN 

I mentioned this last night to support, who's working on another issue for me, and they sent this in an email this morning...

"Engineering has acknowledged the problem with the Arlo Secure app badge. Once we receive an update from engineering we will be updating you immediately."

But of course, you already knew that 😉

Paul

willmtaylor
Tutor
Tutor

It is absolutely not an iPhone issue. I had the exact same iPhone with the exact same settings at my previous home three weeks ago and this never happened.

I got a new doorbell and rear camera at the new house and this is suddenly happening.

The Arlo products changed, but the phone did not.

Pissed57
Star
Star

Are there any updates to this issue? Maybe Arlo needs to run more tests before rolling out new software. The old version  was just fine. I had specific schedules to arm certain cameras….that’s gone and now on top of that…I can’t clear the notification badges. Let’s go Arlo

777rand
Aspirant
Aspirant

Your recommendation did not work for me. Icon still showing feeds, but there are none.

Chiefmacker
Tutor
Tutor

I have one plan: 

Arlo Secure Multi-Camera

for my 

Arlo Essential Spotlight cameras and I continue to get about 17-18 re-notifications after I cleared the current ones!

Pissed57
Star
Star

Thanks. What I’ve noticed is the badges that remain are only due to “changing the status” of my system (arming away, stay, standby). Those badges remain while the video notifications do in fact clear once viewed. I w tried turning that status notifications off and deleting them…did not work. Thanks