Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Celestialbody
Tutor
Tutor

There is delay when getting the notifications, delay when connecting to the camera live view and when accessing the video in the gallery

The issue happens when the camera and base station are right next to each other. It was noticed in the original cameras bought 4 years ago and the issue persists even today with latest Ultra 2 unit.

Is there anyway to fix this issue?

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Celestialbody wrote:

The issue happens when the camera and base station are right next to each other. 

It is possible for a wifi signal to be too strong (overloading the receiver).

It sounds like that might be happening in your case.  When you say "right next to each other" - How far apart are they?  

Celestialbody
Tutor
Tutor

I have never heard of a signal being too strong or the receive causing an issue if it is close to each other. On the contrary, it should work well as there are no issues with Wi-Fi in that case. I have however moved it away to the next room and tested again but continue to experience delays.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Celestialbody wrote:

I have never heard of a signal being too strong or the receive causing an issue if it is close to each other.

It can be - that is one reason why Arlo (and many folks here) suggest making sure the base station isn't right next to the router (rather, it should be 5-6 feet away).

@Celestialbody wrote:

I have however moved it away to the next room and tested again but continue to experience delays.

Have you tried rebooting the router? 

Guy718
Aspirant
Aspirant
Guy718
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same...
And black screen when a car pulls up...
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Guy718,

Do you experience the same behavior every time you live stream? Have you tried the suggestions above?

JamesC

Guy718
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes i do!
Whats worse is i cant not change time zone either!
Im in central Mississippi but i gets a delay hour later..
Guy718
Aspirant
Aspirant
Good morning,,
Can someone tell whats going on with camera?
When i try to watch what triggered camera its just buffering,,like a loading circle thingy! This is not good for business Arlo please correct and rectify the situation 🧐...
Why is it u have to have subscription when I pay $700 for the arlo base and 5 cameras! Are u trying to Force me with a subscription?
Cause for the last 4and half years ive been doing good..
With out!
Js 😳
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation