Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing to employees

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
petri71
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am trying to set the camera to turn off when my employees enter my house but I don’t want them to be able to access my camera. But the only way I found this possible was to share the camera with them. Is there a way to geofence a phone that does not have access to the camera ?
Thank you in advance for your answer.
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No. If you know when they will be there you can manually disarm the cameras.

petri71
Aspirant
Aspirant

well thank you for your answer,

but that is exactly what I don't want to do... having to set it off every time they come in and out of our home.

I they have the app on the phone, and they are logged in the app, and on the same wifi as the home device, why couldn't geofencing also allow people without device to change the mode of the device in their surroundings ?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@petri71 wrote:

why couldn't geofencing also allow people without device to change the mode of the device in their surroundings ?

It could of course, but as @jguerdat says, it doesn't. I am tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) to make sure they see it, and pass the suggestion on to development. 

FWIW, Geofencing sometimes is tempermental, and the more employees you have using it, the more likely it is that one of their devices will mis-report their location (resulting in cameras being disarmed when you don't want them to be).

If the employees have a regular schedule, you could also disarm the cameras on schedule, so you don't have to do anything manually.  Though of course if they don't show up, then the cameras would be disarmed with no one on the property.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation