Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
chengsm
Follower
Follower

Hi, i'm planning to buy Arlo ultra 2 kit with several cameras.

But before to buy, I'd like to understand if any configuration is possible with my smartphone and the one from my wife to alert both smartphone. Is This possible ?

I'm also thinking about buying a video doorbell, but want to know if I can configure for 2 smartphone, mine and my wife. Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

You could grant her friend access and she creates her own account. She won't have Adim privilege though but would get alerts and view cloud recordings. She could also log in as you but it will log you out. Details are here. 

How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

You could grant her friend access and she creates her own account. She won't have Adim privilege though but would get alerts and view cloud recordings. She could also log in as you but it will log you out. Details are here. 

How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

SinisterStairs
Apprentice
Apprentice

Having multiple accounts works as you'd expect, but only if you have a subscription.  If you go with local recording and no subscription, Arlo limits you to only the owner account being able to view.

You could work around that by sharing the owner account, but it's still meh because it logs the other person out.  (They may have sorted out their 2FA now, so that might not be as painful as it had been.)

Caveat emptor!  Had I known this restriction ahead of time, I wouldn't have gone with Arlo.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation