Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can’t see cameras in 4k from ipad air 2

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Chantal2020
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m not able to view my cameras in 4k from my ipad air 2. Everything is updated…cameras, hubs, ipad and although I can see them in 4k from my iphone, I can’t view them in 4k through the ipad. I have a different account set up on my ipad so it doesn’t log me out from my iphone everytime i view from the ipad, and yes it’s connected to the same network as my hubs/cameras and i have granted administrative rights to the account. What am i doing wrong? Has this happened to anyone and if do how did you resolve this? Thank you!
5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Chantal2020 wrote:
I’m not able to view my cameras in 4k from my ipad air 2. Everything is updated…cameras, hubs, ipad and although I can see them in 4k from my iphone, I can’t view them in 4k through the ipad. I have a different account set up on my ipad so it doesn’t log me out from my iphone everytime i view from the ipad, and yes it’s connected to the same network as my hubs/cameras and i have granted administrative rights to the account. What am i doing wrong? Has this happened to anyone and if do how did you resolve this? Thank you!

I believe that's a limitation of that iPad model - it doesn't support the HEVC codec needed for 4K playback. 

Chantal2020
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can see it in 4k with my account on the ipad, just not with any other accounts i have granted administrative rights to.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Chantal2020 wrote:
I can see it in 4k with my account on the ipad, just not with any other accounts i have granted administrative rights to.

This is with the ipad air 2?  Or a different model ipad?

Either way, if you are livestreaming 4K in the friend accounts, try instead to see if you can see 4K in the recording library.

Chantal2020
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes air 2

And yes the library recordings are also in 4K however the only thing that doesn’t show 4K is a live view from the 2nd account with administrative rights.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Chantal2020 wrote:
the library recordings are also in 4K however the only thing that doesn’t show 4K is a live view from the 2nd account with administrative rights.

Then it's clearly not an issue with the iPad supporting the codec.

It must be a restriction in the friend account access to livestreaming.  Are you seeing this in another device (supporting 4K of course) using the same friend account?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation