Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras wacky recording?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

Ok so I’ve been having lots of issues. Arlo ultra 2 with 5000 base.

one I’ve noticed is the sensitivity on these devices and I have no clue what’s going on with them, the Arlo pro didn’t seems to have much of an issue or that I knew of due to not being able to see usb contents

my problem, irregular notifications. Some work some don’t, some show nothing. Not every notification shows up in the cloud library.

this is a problem on cameras that monitor the yards, they cover areas I do not want monitored so I correctly set the purple trigger field to cut out other yards and the street and neighbors driveways back yards etc. the purple area only includes my area that I want monitored.

I set the camera’s sensitivity to motion only and at 80% like I had my previous cameras.

I discovered the issue as I would just out of nowhere get 2-5 dings that something happened. When I go check the cloud may have recorded one video (or uploaded rather) and literally nothing happened, maybe the wind budged something in the active zone or something but it’s too hard for me to tell.

I started wondering why multiple notifications for a single video (and notifications for front and back yards several times) and only a front yard video is saved.

these are powered 100% if it matters, I was SHOCKED to see the yard cameras have been dumping videos into the bases SD card all morning long (like every 5 minutes or so) I’m like WTF?

the door cameras aren’t being bothered.

is my sensitivity to high at 80%? I found this to be a sweet spot for the pro system, the pro system was battery operated and not continuously plugged in if that makes a difference.

this may have also related to my earlier issues with camera signal strength, got cameras recording all the time sending signals everywhere. I don’t need all of this data, in fact I only want the camera bothered if something happens around 30-40 feet from it. Not the neighbor 150+ feet away stepping out to smoke a cigarette lol.

im sure Arlo doesn’t want to save all of this to the cloud either therefore causing issues of which videos it accepts as uploads and which ones I get notified about, total mess there nothing matches up, but the bases micro SD card is basically almost live recording during the day. Not sure if the pine tree 3 houses over triggers it when the wind blows or what, but I’m getting videos on the card with no movement that I can spot without a forensic analysis and my notifications usually don’t bother me but then they will for a 10 minute span I’ll get a bunch of them and one 3rd will actually show up in the cloud and everything looks dead still most of the time.

I get it sometimes the wind will blow my lantern in the back and it sets it off, it did it on the old system too, but some of these are like so subtle a computer would have to analyze what moved. And why is the base filling up with useless videos????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

Problem solved, have no idea what did it but as of an hour ago it’s working as is not piling up the base anymore, I dunno this system is weird. Hopefully firmware updates will work out bugs

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

Just tested 50% motion sensitivity still videos triggering on something so subtle.

changed activity zones again cutting out a lantern in the back that sometimes sways maybe a centimeter back and forth by the wind. Running out of dots on that one, readjusted zone on front one a bit but nothing would have been moving in it’s zone anyway unless the car moving in the wind by a millimeter is triggering it or the leaves on the bushes lol

update - not resolved still yard cams triggering every 5 min at 50% I wish I could put it in Arlo vision like the predator or something and see what it’s finding! Someone please help lol

AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

Problem solved, have no idea what did it but as of an hour ago it’s working as is not piling up the base anymore, I dunno this system is weird. Hopefully firmware updates will work out bugs

ArloUser79
Aspirant
Aspirant

Congratulations, ours have the same issue.  They record everything and when you think you find the reason and change the setting, a few days later they start recording hundreds of videos of nothing again.  

AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

@ArloUser79 

Sunny days screw mine up, not mornings not evening but direct overhead sun, found best solution is to ignore base videos and the cloud/notifications are not too bad at 80% 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation