Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras show no activity when I used to get dozens of activation all day yesterday?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sterg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I charged my two Ultra 2 wireless cameras before leaving town yesterday morning. Got dozens of activation alerts all day yesterday from people walking by, branches blowing in the wind etc. that’s normal for us. Today ZERO activations whatsoever and it’s mid afternoon.
If I press the play button on each camera it shows a brief spinning wheel before Changing from, say, “3h ago” to “Live” Also the battery level of each camera shows as down slightly so apparently camera is transmitting Something to base which is then transmitting to wifi/my phone.
This morning when I tapped the “play” button on Device “Camera 1” I did see a car go by. Otherwise when I select play on either camera it changes to live but only shows a still shot.
Should I be concerned about no motion activations? And if it’s a problem can I fix it remotely/how?

4 REPLIES 4
dcfox1
Master
Master

To clarify are you referring to recordings or notifications or both? Do you have a subscription but you should still receive notifications with out one just no cloud recordings. 

Sterg
Aspirant
Aspirant
These are new cameras so I still have the free subscription. I am getting no notifications, and there are no recordings available. I can still tap to get a “live” shot and each camera shows gradually different battery levels as expected.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sterg wrote:
These are new cameras so I still have the free subscription. I am getting no notifications, and there are no recordings available. I can still tap to get a “live” shot and each camera shows gradually different battery levels as expected.

Have you tried walking in front of the cameras, and see if there is recording and notification?

You can also test  motion detection using the test described here.  https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera

Sterg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, moved the motion sensitivity sliders from 80 to 100, and immediately started receiving alerts and videos posted in “library.” Now will tinker with that. But wonder why the system stopped activating video. Those sliders must’ve been at 80 by default at setup last week because I never changed or set them. And videos were constantly being activated at 80 setting by wind blown branches etc as mentioned earlier …

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation