Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera waterproofing issues

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Andrewjl
Guide
Guide

Hi,   The rain here can drive horizontally at the cameras and I am finding water getting between the Magnetic power connection underneath and the Wasserstein Solar panel connected to it.  The cameras have been mostly in place for 2 years now and I have experienced loss of charging and can see corrosion on the connectors of (currently) two cameras on the exposed side of the house. Cleaning the connectors resurrects the power connection. But I'd rather stop it in the first place.

The Cameras do have the Wasserstien skins over them, but as the connector is still uncovered this makes little difference.

My mind is thinking along the lines of a grease overlay, But this could be messy and temporary. Has Any one got experience or suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andrewjl
Guide
Guide

Thanks TomMac.

I'll take that route and see how we go.

It appears that the skins aren't really doing anything

Andrew

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I really can't think of another way since the magnetic connection isn't real water tight...

But I can see cleaning the contacts on both camera and charge wire then connecting. After doing so, I would use Dielectric grease at the contact seam to prevent water entry... it doesn't need alot.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Andrewjl
Guide
Guide

Thanks TomMac.

I'll take that route and see how we go.

It appears that the skins aren't really doing anything

Andrew

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies