Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CVR Is Too Limited; not 4K and unable to create clip from timeline view

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DAC8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Things you don't know until you need it - had an event last night, thought great, I'll just grab the 4K clip from my Ultra 2 with the CRV plan.  Turns out, nope.  CRV isn't 4K and there's no way to create a clip from the timeline view other than recording my screen.  

So IF the motion detection works, I can have a 4K clip.  But if motion detection doesn't work, your 4K camera gives you 1080p video for your monthly fee.  Really dissapointing.

2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

Yes the CVR is in 1080 as stated in this article. The motion recordings are in 4K though if you have the secure plus 4K  plan. 

What is continuous video recording (CVR) and how do I use it? (arlo.com)

DAC8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Right.  Try to find that information when you buy the camera.  Or when you subscribe to the CVR plan.  It's intentionally, misleadingly, tucked away.  

Regardless, I've canceled my $25/month sub and now use Eufy (as most I've seen recommend to those who find out how Arlo 4k requires a subscription to "unlock").  No subscription - unless I choose cloud storage for backup - and the cameras capture at their advertised resolution.  And locally stored CVR everywhere with no fee.  Amazing how that works.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation