Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Based station intermittently stops recording to local storage

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nick13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recordings to the local SD micro storage in the base station stopped recording from all 4 Ultra 2 cameras and doorbell for 14 days, then started again yesterday.  This happens regularly.  Why does recording stop and how can I prevent.  The card is not full as it continues to record after a stop period.  The cameras are all charged and operating as normal (some need charging fortnightly, annoyingly)

And how can I monitor to see if recordings are taking place, other than checking the SD card regularly 

Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nick13 wrote:

And how can I monitor to see if recordings are taking place, other than checking the SD card regularly 

What model base/smarthub do you have?

Nick13
Aspirant
Aspirant

The base station ref is - VMB5000r4

Firmware version - 1.19.0.3_1237_68a8e53

We are having horrendous problems with the doorbell camera, needing daily charging, with a total discharge/drain time of around 12 hours.  I wonder if this is running constantly (running into 2000 reminders/notifications on the app) or there is a short circuit in the unit, and this is interfering with the recordings on the base station.  The doorbell is less than 5 months old, and replaced a doorbell that developed the same problem after just 2 months 

Very frustrating !

Any advice is appreciated, thanks 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation