Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
ScottCan
Star
Star
Hello,
I’m using the Arlo Ultra 2 and the Arlo wired doorbell camera.

To summarize, the iphone Arlo app icon badge count never gets reset. Here are the steps to reproduce.

1. I trigger an alert on my camera
2. I get a notification on my iphone (as expected)
3. I see the badge count on the app icon increment to 1 (as expected)
4. I open the Arlo app to view the activity, and the badge count on the app icon disappears immediately.
5. Inside the app, the camera’s individual activity count is also 0. (not expected)
6. I click on the camera count and it takes me to the recording history, and it shows the latest activity (as expected)
7. I leave the app and the app icon badge count is still not visible.
8. I trigger motion on the camera again.
9. The app icon badge count reappears, but now shows a count of 2 (not expected)

Sometimes, if I leave the app and then open the app again, the camera activity count appears, but this is not consistent.

However, if I manually restart the app, and then open it, the camera notification count now shows the expected count, and if I click on this count, it gets reset and the app icon badge count also gets reset. This is consistent behavior.

I am using the latest iphone app 3.6.8, but this problem has been happening for over 3 months.
25 REPLIES 25
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The issue with the badge counter not resetting should now be resolved. Please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue. 

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation