Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Auto Populated Sign-in - Arlo Security Cams

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
juris335
Aspirant
Aspirant

1.  Arlo will not talk to me because my warranty has expired.  I do not know my official registered email address that I used when I first bought Arlo cams and registered.  How  do I find out what it is?

2.  I no longer have auto populate  when I sign in everyday.  I used to just enter my user name and my MacBook would populate the password for me and sign me in.  How can I get the Arlo auto populate sign in working again?  Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@juris335 wrote:

1.  Arlo will not talk to me because my warranty has expired.  I do not know my official registered email address that I used when I first bought Arlo cams and registered.  How  do I find out what it is?

Not sure why you need to know that - obviously the account username is the email address you are using now with the account.

@juris335 wrote:

2.  I no longer have auto populate  when I sign in everyday.  I used to just enter my user name and my MacBook would populate the password for me and sign me in.  How can I get the Arlo auto populate sign in working again? 

Saving the password would be a feature of the MacBook browser you are using.  Is that Safari?  Or are you using Chrome or FireFox?

juris335
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, StephenB.  Arlo will no longer allow me to use auto populate sign-in where I just sign my name and the password populates.  I suspect that is because I am not using the same email I used when I bought my cameras and registered.  Arlo tells me I must always use the email address I used when I registered.  That was 10 years ago and I do not recall which email I used to register.  If I were to use the correct email address I suspect the program will allow auto populate sign ins and not always send me a text link for verifications.  Every time I want to look at my cams Arlo  sends me a text link for verification. Arlo will not talk to me because my warranty expired so I cannot get my registered email address from them to start using it in hopes of having automatic sign in agai and avoiding the time consuming process of text verification perhaps 10 times per day. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@juris335 wrote:

Thank you, StephenB.  Arlo will no longer allow me to use auto populate sign-in where I just sign my name and the password populates.  I suspect that is because I am not using the same email I used when I bought my cameras and registered.

No.  Arlo has nothing to do with the autofill of the password.  This is done by the browser, not by Arlo.  

And the email address that you are using to log in with, is the username for your Arlo account.  If you try to use a different address, your login will simply fail.

What browser are you using?

juris335
Aspirant
Aspirant

Appreciate your help, Stephen! I am using Safari. I was able to change my sign-in on the Arlo website.  While that allows me to sign-in for purposes of seeing my cams and talking to you it does not allow me to have auto sign-in where I can avoid the need to have Arlo certify me every time I want to look at my cams. They send me a text with a "code" every time I sign in.  I do not want that level of security.  I used to just put ion my email address and it signed me in.  From reading tons on this site I believe the reason I cannot sign on without being verified is because I am not using the email I used when I first registered.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@juris335 wrote:

From reading tons on this site I believe the reason I cannot sign on without being verified is because I am not using the email I used when I first registered.

Not sure what you are reading, but that is not true

@juris335 wrote:

They send me a text with a "code" every time I sign in.  I do not want that level of security.

That is different from Safari not auto-populating your password - which is a browser feature.  

That is a security feature called "two factor verification".  Arlo does not allow it to be disabled.  This was made mandatory in response to some serious issues that Ring had some years ago with cameras being hijacked.  

Many folks have asked that it be made optional, but it's pretty clear that Arlo isn't going to do that.  

You can click on "TRUST" when you get to this screen.

trust.png

Although this is supposed to last 14 days, in my experience it doesn't actually last that long.  However, it does reduce the number of times you need to verify.  

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation