Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple Watch rich notifications / image preview

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
thisguy
Aspirant
Aspirant
In the past several days, rich notifications including image preview on my Apple Watch stopped working. I now just get text notifications. Since I’m a subscriber and I also like seeing what’s on my cameras on my wrist I need to figure out how to fix this. Is anyone aware of this matter?

Thank you for any help
10 REPLIES 10
pjama
Luminary
Luminary

Recently I've noticed two new issues with smart notifications:

1) Animated preview won't turn off. It used to particularly when I complained when it was first introduced because it broke preview display on my watch. Well animated preview is back, so I can no longer see the preview on my watch and I can't turn it off.

2) Animal detection is another one that used to work but now I get a notification saying motion detected but the library says "animal". I have Animals turned off and People, Vehicles and "All Other Motion" turned on. I think this might have been broken for quite a while. So it IS detecting an animal but sending through a notification anyway.

I've currently got Android 3.6.8_28460 installed.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo app are you using? 

thisguy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Version 3.6.8

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you experiencing this on your iPhone as well?

Which version of watchOS are you using?

Which version of iOS is installed on your phone? 

Thanks 

thisguy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes. iPhone too
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks, I'm looking in to this. I was able to replicate as well. I'll provide more updates as soon as I hear more. 

Do you happen to know this info? 

"Which version of watchOS are you using? Which version of iOS is installed on your phone?"

Thanks 

Bobbydigital80
Aspirant
Aspirant
Rich notifications aren’t working on my Apple Watch either. iPhone 13, Apple Watch 5 gps version. All latest OS are installed
thisguy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm running a series 5 Apple Watch running watchOS 8.6. I'm running an iPhone 13 Pro Max running iOS 15.5.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

secaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Another issue with smart notifications is when all other motion is enabled - I used to get an image with this type of notification, but not any more.

This problem was a "thing" in the past... and it's again resurfaced... as do so many Arlo quirks.  Arlo has a difficult time as it is discerning people or vehicles from cacti or bushes or trees or boulders.  Also a lot of my notifications seem to inexplicably fall into the all other motion category... and now I don't have an image in the push notification for this category so have no idea what the trigger was...

I also have animated previews disabled, but randomly will receive animated previews anyway... regardless... and there's a delay again between the trigger and the notification, can be a couple of minutes or more... and yes, my internet connection is just fine... no problems with push notifications for other apps on my Samsung S21 Ultra 5g...

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation