Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo stopped sending clip to the library

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Oaktree2400
Aspirant
Aspirant

I use Apple devices to monitor my Arlo systems - in recent days they started sending a message about the AC power being disconnected and now have stopped sending video clips to my library - is this an Apple problem following their news OS software updates or an Arlo software problem.  I get the notifications alerts but there are no clips in the library 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Oaktree2400 wrote:

in recent days they started sending a message about the AC power being disconnected and now have stopped sending video clips to my library

If you recently purchased your cameras (3-4 months ago), then look to see if your trial subscription has run out.

You need a paid subscription for cloud activity zones, and (with current cameras) for cloud storage.  Without a subscription, you can only use local activity zones - which do require AC power, and any camera newer than the Pro2 will lose cloud storage.

Oaktree2400
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two stems working together.

A pro 2 system working on the free service and a second Pro 3 4-camera system working on the initial trial period and you have taken a subscription payment but the messages re AC power and a failure to record to the library.  Do I understand from your response that the Pro 2 system will continue to work on the free service but the new Pro 3 system needs a subscription and that, despite taking payment it is shutting down?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Oaktree2400 wrote:

Do I understand from your response that the Pro 2 system will continue to work on the free service but the new Pro 3 system needs a subscription and that, despite taking payment it is shutting down?

I just pointed out that a lapsed subscription on the Pro3 would match your symptoms.

So if you have a paid subscription, then go into the app or web ui, and see if the camera is actually in the plan (using the manage cameras control).

@Oaktree2400 wrote:

...you have taken a subscription payment 

Nope, not me.  I don't work for Arlo.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation