Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ddauto12
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • Hello I have a Arlo 2 system in my second resident  works great I now have another unit I want to install in my primary home has anyone done this 
12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can simply add the new system to a second location in your existing account. I'm not sure what you mean by and "Arlo 2" system - the cameras are Pro 2 ones? If so the cameras will have a 7 day cloud storage for up to 5 cameras. If you exceed that 5 camera limitation, you'll need to either subscribe to a Smart plan so all cameras will be active or create a new account for the new system so that both systems remain with 5 cameras or less. You can then use Settings, Grant Access from the new account to the old account's email address so all cameras are visible in that one login. When the invitation is emailed to your old account's address, it likely is best to use a computer browser to click on the link since mobile devices seem to be having issues completing the process.

Ddauto12
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I can not have 2 separate systems on one phone so if I connect all Iwhen I arm main house second house will be armed also?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, tell us about your existing system - how many cameras and what model are they? If, as I explained above, you have Pro 2 cameras and the new system will cause you to exceed the 5 camera limit you'll need that subscription or a second account. Either way, because they are different systems (we should know what system you're interested in buying) you can't arm both with one click. You would need to arm each separately.

Ddauto12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for help I have 2 system same pro 2. I have arlo app on phone works great for vacation house I have another system want to install main home would like to have to roseate apps so I can arm vacation and not arm home. 

Ddauto12
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do i

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

But how many cameras in total? That's very important. If >5 in total, you need to either have the subscription or a second account for the second system. In that case, granting access, as I explained before, allows you to see and mostly use both systems in one login. Granting access isn't quite the same as logging into that account but it's close.

https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-on-my-Arlo-Secure-app

Ddauto12
Aspirant
Aspirant

4 in vacation house 4 in home

Ddauto12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was hoping I can control separate thank you

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you really want to control them separately just create that new account for the new system and log into each, one at a time. I would point out that this would only allow push notifications for whichever account you happen to be logged into. You could use email notifications instead which doesn't require you to be logged into an account.

Ddauto12
Aspirant
Aspirant

May I ask u how no Davy at all appreciate any help 

Ddauto12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure how to do that not sure what push notifications are 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You can set up everything in one account, though you will need a subscription.  I am thinking you are getting new cameras - if so, you will need a subscription anyway.

The other option is to set up two accounts, and then share the cameras, so you can access all the recordings, etc from either account.  Then there is no need to keep changing the login on your phone.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation