Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Videos Not Always Going To Cloud And Notifying Me

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

I’ve got an issue where I’m not seeing notifications and seeing cloud videos sometimes when someone walks by “this one is the one tied to package detection” ups just recently dropped one off and then my wife opened the door to pick it up, I was never notified nor did I see the video in the cloud. However changing over to the base station SD card, they were captured by the camera. Any ideas? Not sure what’s up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

Some update seemed to have corrected this issue or some setting I changed finally got pushed to the camera and it kicked in, don’t seem to have this issue anymore

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it was locally recorded, the motion was detected and recorded but the servers determined that it didn't meet your Smart Notification settings. You may need to test this by duplicating the full action and change Smart settings appropriately. Smart is not invincible so enabling or disabling settings may work better for you.

AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

@jguerdat 

I’m not sure how to change the smart settings, I know how to change the sensitivity for each camera for the mode I am using

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AshTray900 wrote:

I’m not sure how to change the smart settings

It depends on whether you have Library or Feed.  Can you remind us which you have?

AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

@StephenB 

good question, I have no idea, new Arlo smart 4k plan no CVR

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AshTray900 wrote:

good question, I have no idea

Do you see "Library" on the main menu?  Or do you see "Dashboard" and "Feed"?

AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

@StephenB 

Library

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AshTray900 wrote:

Library

Then smart notification settings are found by

1. selecting settings from the main screen
  2. scroll down to the Arlo Secure section and press on > to the right of "smart notifications"

To disable smart notifications altogether

1. select "edit" on the top right. 
  2. touch the three bars to the right of the camera
  3. drag it to the inactive section. 
  4. select "save" at the top right.

Note this doesn't disarm or deactive the camera.  What it does is turn off the classification, so any motion detected will give you a notification (labeled "motion").

To change the smart notification filtering, touch the > on the right of the camera.  This lets you disable any classification - for instance, if you turn off "vehicles", then the system won't notify you when it detects vehicles.  It should still record though @jguerdat has noticed that sometimes his system seems to miss recordings.

Anyway, I suggest starting by inactivating smart altogether first, and see if you get all the notifications and recordings you expect.

AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

Some update seemed to have corrected this issue or some setting I changed finally got pushed to the camera and it kicked in, don’t seem to have this issue anymore

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation